Omnia Devops Assessment
Omnia DevOps Assessment is a service developed by MTP that allows establishing the point in which an organization is in terms of the processes of configuration management, construction, delivery, deployment, and release of the software.
The process areas that are assessed are the following:
- Configuration Management
- Build and Continuous Integration Management.
- Deployment and Environment Management.
- Releases and Compliance Management.
- Test Management.
- Data management.
To improve the processes and practices of integration and continuous delivery, it is necessary to jointly address a series of systems, with a comprehensive approach, end-to-end. MTP proposes a set of six subsystems, covering each of the process areas within the Continuous Delivery model.
The study will focus on observing the maturity level in each of them, and the integration degree achieved:
- Configuration Management System.
- Automated application/artifact construction system.
- System of publication, cataloging, and storage of software and built applications and artifacts.
- Automated and homogeneous deployment system to different environments.
- Dependency management system between components of a system.
- Infrastructure management system with code.
After the study proposed by MTP, organizations will:
- Know the status of their design, development, construction, testing, and deployment processes of their development centers concerning the best practices in the market.
- Know which actions should be implemented for the development of a reference milestone guiding design and construction activities.
- Know the integration and continuous deployment practices.
- Know which activities should be implemented to improve the testing processes and the final quality of their products before the production step and which is the best test model to implement.