MTP analyzes prototypes or applications to ensure that they comply with the accessibility principles defined by WCAG 2.0 at any of the target compliance levels. Having accessible applications increases the target audience and improves the brand image.
At MTP, the web accessibility assessment follows the Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM), defined in the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and UNE 139803:2012 Standard.
This web accessibility assessment process consists of five main steps:
- Define the web accessibility assessment scope:Establishing what is included in the assessment, the assessment’s objective, and the WCAG (A, AA, AAA) compliance level.
- Explore the website: Identify the key web pages, their functionality, type of content, designs, required web technologies, etc.
- Select a representative sample, according to the structure and purpose of each web page.
- Assess the selected sample: Determining the successes and failures in compliance with WCAG, the accessibility support according to the characteristics of the website and recording the assessment steps.
- Report the findings detected in the web accessibility assessment.